[Mailman-Users] Reply-To munging munges -reguest address as well

nathan r. hruby nhruby at arches.uga.edu
Wed Oct 11 22:52:33 CEST 2000

So yesterday in a attempt to recover a fsck'ed archive I upgraded a
Mailman 1.0rc3 install to 2.0b6.

All went well and every thing updated perfectly and I was able to
rebuild
the archive from the mbox file.  'Twas great.  I love it.

This morning there are three subscribe confirms in my inbox that have
been
sent to the list.  It seems that the Reply-To: field had bee munged to
point at the list.  Odd.

So I jump into the list config and find that, yes, the owner of the list
had set the Reply-To: to point at the list (bad owner, I know..) So I
reset it to not munge the Reply-To: and everything start working fine
again (except that I have about 300 unhappy users...)

It seems that after the upgrade to 2.0b6 the Reply-To: munging setting
was
taking effect on the -request address too, so that
subscription confirmations went out like this (When Reply-To: was set to
point at the list):

---