[Mailman-Users] Disabling passwords

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Oct 10 23:14:49 CEST 2000

> Or is there a way to set a password whitout having to go through  the
> webinterface.
>
> I have to change the passwords for over a 100 users on 20 lists so some
> sort of command line tool/python script that takes a mailinglist username
> and passwd would come in very handy.

Using withlist, it would be pretty easy to write; the passwords
are stored in a simple array indexed by username.

Of course you have to know a little bit of Python.  If you're
desperate I'll hack something up for you.  Meanwhile here's the
snippet I have lying around to dump them; stick it in ~mailman
and invoke bin/withlist -r pws.pws <listname>

import sys

fmt = "%-40s\t%s"
def pws(list):

   for member in list.members.keys():
      print fmt % (member, list.passwords[member])

   for member in list.digest_members.keys():
      print fmt % (member, list.passwords[member])

   sys.exit(0)

vvv kind of a long .sig, isn't it?....