[Mailman-Users] Subscription Reply bug in beta6`

Tim Harrison harrison at timharrison.com
Fri Oct 6 02:53:29 CEST 2000

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> I have noticed that when a user subscribes to the list - they get an email,
> if they simply reply to the email, it goes to the list at domain.com instead of
> list-request at domain.com.  It works OK, as long as you are processing email
> and looking for administrative requests - but if you turn that option off -
> it quits working.

Okay, so I'm not the only one having this problem.  I thought I was on
drugs. :)  I finally got Mailman and Postfix to work together (damned
permissions on the aliases file/db in Mailman's home directory), and all
was proceeding normally (in fact, all subscriptions worked fine), until
I hit about 15 users.  At which point, every email going out from a
subscription request had a reply-to of list at domain.tld, instead of
list-request at domain.tld.  It had worked fine previously, and I hadn't
touched a darned thing.  I went back through my command histories, made
sure that I hadn't updated anything on the web pages, and was very
confused.  Still am.

I added a disclaimer to the HTML for the list signup, saying that the
user needs to replace list@ with list-request at .  I'm still hammering
through the setup, just to make sure I didn't screw anything up myself.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com