[Mailman-Users] corrupt email adresses

Michael Dosser mic at t0.or.at
Thu Oct 5 17:43:03 CEST 2000

hi all!

i have a problem with one of my list, which seems to have invalid email
adresses (many ^@^@^@^ in the adress yust like in the config.db).
list_members shows me that adresses, but on the webpage i can't
unsubscribe them (saying: no such email-adress). check_db says the
database is fine, but when mailman passes the email adresses to sendmail
it stops with error message 1. only those few email-adresses until the
corupt ones seems to pass through. well, i tried to repair the list by
removing the email adresses from the output of list_members piped to a
file, but the script broke with error messages. i also tried to sync
members with the clean email-adresses in a file. same result.

has anybody seen something like that? any suggestions in cleaning those
email-adresses? because the only way i see is to remove the list completly
and making it new.

any suggestions are welcome
thx in advance,
mic