[Mailman-Users] Postfix, virtual domains, and mailman

Tim Harrison harrison at timharrison.com
Tue Oct 3 21:22:00 CEST 2000

Good afternoon.

I recently set up mailman-2.0b6 on an OpenBSD box, running Postfix
19991231-pl08.  The list that mailman is to manage is hosted on a
virtual domain.  After messing around with the /etc/postfix/virtual
file, and getting somewhere, I noticed two things:

1.  Mailman refuses to accept that I want the potential subscriber to
respond to listname-request at domain.tld, and not
listname-request at host.domain.tld.  I grepped the heck out of everything
I could find that referred to host.domain.tld in mailman's home
directory, and below, and found only the reference in mm_cfg.py.  I
edited this, but to no avail.

2.  I followed the INSTALL file religiously when installing, but found
that after I had created the list, and pasted the required entries into
/etc/postfix/virtual, when I tried to subscribe through the web
interface, replied to the confirmation email, the confirm message went
directly to my account. Where should this go?

Pardon the annoying questions.  I'm obviously missing something.  If
someone could point me in the correct direction, that would be
appreciated.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer