[Mailman-Users] "unknown mailer error 1"

Silk chris at gwydion.net
Tue Oct 3 10:45:25 CEST 2000

Hi: I'm about to include the text of a mail I sent yesterday, which
is having similar behaviour. The MTA in question for me is Exim:

------------------------==================--------------------------
> So, you found out how to create the lists? Let me know....

By command-line using newlist:

I am, however, having a problem with it: it goes like this.

The txt file attached is a log extract from /var/log/exim/mainlog
showing the logged bits for two posts. One is the 'confirm' response
required to subscribe to a list and the other is an attempt to
post to that list. I've put, as you can tell from these logs, the
correct lines generated by 'newlist' into /etc/aliases, however, this is
what I get.

What have I mis-configured? It looks like an exim misconfiguration,
but mailman hasn't as yet told me to do anything more than what I've
done to make it work...
------------------------==================--------------------------

And another file read in, which is the attached error message
generated by exim/mainlog:

------------------------==================--------------------------
2000-10-02 15:45:48 13g6qi-0002hj-00 <= chris at foo.org U=chris P=local S=675 id=20001002154548.A8924 at foo.org
2000-10-02 15:45:48 13g6qi-0002hj-00 Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd house
2000-10-02 15:46:58 13g6rq-0002lu-00 <= chris at foo.org U=chris P=local S=565 id=20001002154658.B8924 at foo.org
2000-10-02 15:46:58 13g6rq-0002lu-00 Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post house
## created: 02-Oct-2000 chris
test:                    "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

So: what have *I* done wrong? I can't seem to work it out.

~cHris

--
Chris Naden - chris at gwydion dot net

" Sometimes, home is just where you pour your coffee... "
             - Bruno Baldwin