[Mailman-Users] Re: broadcast only

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Nov 29 19:56:32 CET 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:32:47 +1100 (EST)
David  <david at kenpro.com.au> wrote:

> excuse my ignorance (no modesty intended!), but if you disable the
> post alias, would not that mean that even the admin. couldn't
> post?

There are a couple obvious solutions:

  -- Disable the post alias and invoke the mailman wrapper/post
manually on a pre-canned message.

  -- Change the alias for the posting address to something else
(which you don't the publich), and then BCC the messages you wish
posted to that "secret" address (pay attention to Delivered-To and
other revealing MTA-added headers).

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/