[Mailman-Users] Migration to another server

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Nov 23 20:34:32 CET 2000

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:45:05 +0100
Yann Forget <yann.forget at ynternet.org> wrote:

> So I ask it another way : what procedure to transfer lists from a
> server to another one ?

If the filesystem paths and desired hostnames are identical you can
just copy the directories over taking care to repserve ownerwhips
and permissions.

If the situation is different than that, you may need to hand-touch
each lists' config to represent the new host.  Depending on the
extent of the differences this will be possible via the web
interface or will need to be done with ~/bin/with_list.  Search the
archives for further details.

> - is it possible to get a list of membres with their password ?

~/bin/dump_list

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/