[Mailman-Users] Sorry about that!

Mike Diehn mdiehn at vicinity.com
Tue Nov 21 17:02:16 CET 2000

Barry,

> Date: 2000-Nov-21 07:50
> By: bwarsaw
>
> Comment:

> You don't mention which MTA you're using, but since you're on
> Solaris, I'm guessing it's sendmail.  One of the most important
> things to do is to turn off name resolution for messages coming
> from the local host.  See the FAQ for details.  That's probably
> why it's taking so long to deliver messages.

Using Postfix.  I'll check the FAQ regarding name resolution
settings.

> As for the memory usage, no I definitely haven't seen that.  On
> python.org, qrunner may grow to 2MB but that's after running
> for several minutes (which is normal because it's delivering a
> lot of mail).

We're seeing it regularly grow to 60 or 70 MB.  Without much in
the queue.

> Finally, the bug tracking system isn't the right place to ask
> for help.  I would suggest sending a message to
> mailman-users at python.org and trying to get more help there.  If
> a real bug is uncovered, then it can be placed into the bug
> tracking system.

Sorry about asking for help in the Bug system.  I'm on the lists
now and I'll do the right thing in the future.  I know better.  I
just had a long brain fart.

Apologies and thanks,
Mike

* noreply at sourceforge.net (noreply at sourceforge.net) [11 21, 2000 10:55]: