[Mailman-Users] Mailman broken with RC3 upgrade

Aaron La Mar alamar at partners-intl.net
Sun Nov 19 17:32:26 CET 2000

I've been running mailman on the same box since 1.0, but my attempted
upgrade to 2.0rc3 seems to have broken everything today.

I am running FreeBSD 3.1, Python 1.5.2, and Apache. I was upgrading from
2.0b6.

Now I get this message wen trying to connect through the web interface:
"Bug in Mailman version 2.0rc3

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs."

There's nothing useful in $prefix/logs/error, just some messages about
NNTP gate not being configured correctly. I can't find anthing in any
other logs either. I've run check_perms and there are no problems.

This is a very serious problem for me and I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Aaron