[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman private archives issue.

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Thu Nov 16 20:47:36 CET 2000

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > hi
> >

> > as lonk as I can tell, I am able to use public archives
> > (problem is, I have none... but when I had, I was able to)
> >

> > you have to add
> >
> >  Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
> >
> > to /etc/apache/srm.conf
> >
> oops, I feel stupid. Was it so simple? The fact is that I asked in the list
> and nobody answered, and I couldn't find any docs talking about this.

Gee, you didn't look very hard then:

>From INSTALL:

    - Configure your web server to point to the Pipermail public
      mailing list archives:

      For example, in Apache:

         Alias /pipermail/ $varprefix/archives/public/

      where $varprefix is usually $prefix unless you've used the
      --with-var-prefix option to configure.

      Consult your web server's documentation for details.  Also be
      sure to configure your web server to follow symbolic links in
      this directory, otherwise public Pipermail archives won't be
      accessible.  For Apache users, consult the FollowSymLinks
      option.

      Now restart your web server.