[Mailman-Users] newbie question

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman at connix.com
Wed Nov 15 15:08:54 CET 2000

I apologize if this is already addressed somewhere else...

I'm running into one of the problems addressed in the FAQ:

"Q. What if I get "document contains no data" from the web server, or mail
isn't getting delivered, or I see "Premature end of script headers" or
"Mailman CGI error!!!" "

In  my case, I can bring up my listinfo page
(http://monica.threeofus.com/mailman/listinfo/test)

but if I try to click on the link for "Test administrative interface" at
the bottom of that page, nothing happens for a while and then I get
"document contains no data".

 I've read the relevant portion of the INSTALL file (as directed in the
answer in the FAQ).  I understand the part about setting
--with-cgi-gid=nobody  but I *don't* understand what to do wrt setting
--with-mail-gid= ???

what should I look for in my /etc/passwd or /etc/groups file?  what is the
'right' group id to set for mail?...

I'm no guru...

I need a little handholding here...

TIA,