[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: Reverting question

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Nov 15 08:33:39 CET 2000

At 9:44 PM -0800 11/14/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>I've found the same statistics.  That said, I've deliberately
>decided to comply with the noisy moinority view for the worst of
>reasons: I value the contributions of certain members of that
>minority highly

Not all users are created equal (and not all users like finding that
out). You definitely identify your key users and try to make them
happy, but I don't do that unquestioningly. Sometimes, even a key
user gets too far out of hand, and you risk mutating them into trolls.

>list).  An ugly trade-off, but one that (seems to) work.

It's not ugly at all. it's managing a group of people. The more a
person contributes -- the more slack they get cut, and the more I
value their opinion. What you put in, you get out.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

Be just, and fear not.