[Mailman-Users] Very new...have ???'s

James McLaughlin katana at montrose.net
Wed Nov 15 02:07:27 CET 2000

I have been reading through the docs concerning Mailman and I have a few
questions:

. Sendmail is the oldest and most widely-used MTA, and comes pre-installed
on most Unix systems, however it is not the recommended MTA to use with
Mailman.

What sort of things am I going to miss out on if I use sendmail.  Since I am
fairly new to adminning bigger sites....mailman is something I need for my
server, but I am questiontive about what sort of performance hit I am going
to take useing Sendmail instead of Qmail or Postfix....

Can someone explain what I am going to encounter using sendmail rather than
one of the new ones.

James