[Mailman-Users] HELP !!!!

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Tue Nov 14 04:27:03 CET 2000

On Nov 13, 2000 at 18:28, Justin wrote:

>    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd communica". Command output: Failure to
>    exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

Reinstall with --with-cgi-gid=99 (look up the appropriate switch in the
README or INSTALL file)

Oh, I see how this message is confusing. For a moment I thought the
message says the system wanted a gid of 12 and got 99, so mailman should
give what the system wants, i.e. 12. Of course it means that *mailman*
wants 12 and got 99 from Apache(?). The message could be better
worded. Who's giving that message? Mailman or someone else?

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>