[Mailman-Users] How to batch set user passwords

Richard Eames Richard.Eames at flinders.edu.au
Tue Nov 14 00:04:51 CET 2000

I need to move a large number of list subscribers from a previously used listserver (not mailman) to mailman. I can see how to write a script to parse each old list and add members to the new lists, however I want each person to have only one password (at least at the start) rather than one per list. Is there a way to set a list subscribers password from the command line? Anyone got a script ?

                            Much thanks in advance

PS mailman is great