[Mailman-Users] Performance for a Spam Cannon

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Nov 10 00:01:59 CET 2000

On Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:27:47 -0500
Johnathan Vail <vail at newts.org> wrote:

> I would like to schedule this to work in the early AM hours and if
> I can deliver in about an hour or so I would be happy.  Does
> anyone have any estimates or numebrs for comparison on what I can
> expect?

Your timing is going to be dependant on:

  1) distribution (domain etc) of your membership base
  2) DNS issues (encluding remote presence and local cacheing)
  3) the performance of your target MXes
  4) whether or not you can use a smart host for any of the traffic

Notice that only #1 and #4 are under your control.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu