[Mailman-Users] An interesting statistic.

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Nov 9 07:42:09 CET 2000

At 12:24 -0800 11/8/00, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>One of my servers sends out newsletters. Those newsletters are
>avilable both in HTML format and text format -- users can subscribe
>for whichever they prefer, although HTML is the default. Because of
>limitations in the AOL clients, we force AOL.com addresses to the
>text version.

The way this list (to which I subscribe) does HTML mail makes sense.  It's
about the only HTML mail I tolerate, and the only HTML mail I receive
voluntarily.

[All that said, I've been toying with the idea of switching to text to
avoid waiting for the graphics to find their way over my 56K frame relay
connection.]

If the typical run of HTML were this sensible, I wouldn't be so vocally
anti-HTML mail.

The only time I send the stuff is to test something, usually with me as the
recipient.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA