[Mailman-Users] Re: HTML mail

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
Thu Nov 9 07:27:13 CET 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Tom Neff wrote:
> This sounds plausible until you pause to consider that
>  (a) the entity hosting or managing a mailing list may not necessarily
> be a "corporation," and it is not solely the concerns of corporations
> that ought to guide us as managers and developers of mailing list
> resources;

I am including service providers as corporations, of course.  Same for
nonprofits.

>  (c) even if a given list manager member's company, nonprofit, school,
> church, household, or air base does have "bigger problems," which seem to
> be in plenteous supply nowadays, it is not necessarily any of our business
> and should not be used as an excuse for wasteful, confusing mail formats
> when most people (as we are doing now) just write plain text anyway.

Confusing to whom?

> MIME "digests" are both misnamed (since very little is digested, as opposed
> to omnivorously concatenated) and a major pain in the a** for 7/8 of the
> mailers in conventional use.

*ALL* digests are misnamed by this metric.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
PO Box 14309		                                San Francisco, CA 94114