[Mailman-Users] Problems with Pending email confirms

Markus Buchanan mbuddy at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 9 02:51:55 CET 2000

Hi All,

Let me preface this by saying I have read the INSTALL guides and done a
search here first.

I have a problem with emails being stuck in the subscribe confirmation
stage. Like:

Nov 09 10:55:35 2000 (9809) test: pending fred at earthling.net  144.132.34.38

I have also noted that the README.SENDMAIL states that smrsh can be a
problem, and that a symlink can be a solution. It suggest to cd into the
smrsh directory and create one.

On my system (Cobalt RaQ3i) smrsh is in the /usr/sbin/ directory, not in a
directory of it's own. Now as I am no guru, do I make the symlink in that
directory?

BTW I have Majordomo running, so I need to alter the wrapper to
mailman_wrapper or similar. Is this easy to do by hacking the python files?

Sorry if this is an easy one, but I have managed to get it this far without
calling you guys for help! This is my first time on here, so be gentle...

Cheers

Markus