[Mailman-Users] Mailman Locks Hung

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Tue Nov 7 09:09:17 CET 2000

This may be related to my earlier question about hung processes, but since
I'm in slightly over my head, I'm not sure. Please be patient. :)

Over a timespan of approximately 4 hours, one of my mailing lists generated
54 locks identical to the one below and left them hanging.

217333 -rw-rw-r--   1 nobody   mailman       60 Nov  6 19:56
de-seattle-discuss.lock.eve.18591

I need to know what might be causing these locks to hang. I've manually
deleted them for now, but this is the 3rd time in the last 4 days that I've
had to do so. Suggestions?

Sarah K. Miller, List Administrator
D i g i t a l E v e
sarah at digitaleve.org