[Mailman-Users] FW: "awaits moderation" messages never stop

Neil K NeilK at ActiveState.com
Thu Nov 2 21:39:59 CET 2000

Our problem: a posting to a moderated list generates the "awaits moderator
approval" message many, many times.

More details:

- recently we upgraded Mailman from 2.0b2 --> 2.0rc1

- the new administrator (not me) noticed some problems
  with 2.0rc1 and tried to rollback to 2.0b2. Since we
  had had some subscriptions/unsubscriptions in the meantime,
  on about 12 lists, we kept the lists/ directory as is.

{

  might be irrelevant:

  - after the rollback, we could not access the
    admin pages any more.

  - I noticed that the problem seemed to be with
    config.db. I added in a value which had been 'zapped'
    by versions.py -- num_spawns. That
    seemed to work.

}

- then they reported this flood of admin messages to me.

My guess is that it has something to do with some remnant of the 2.0rc1
upgrade interfering with the 2.0b2 mailman software. I thought it might be
related to the config.db, but there don't seem to be any other differences
in its format.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar  <NeilK at ActiveState.com>
Web Application Developer, ActiveState