[Mailman-Users] Large-number of users in Mailman/switching from Listproc

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Wed May 31 19:49:05 CEST 2000

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Oh, one more thing. 8^) It would be nice if there was some way to set
> defaults for EVERYTHING, through the web interface.  The suggestions that
> I've gotten for setting reply-to: headers to the list by default are to go
> in and change mm_config.py, or some other damn file.  I know it's evil, but
> half of the people on our lists don't know even know how to turn on a
> computer, so it's definately a necessity for our environment.

You can set Reply-To from the web interface in 2.0.  Until then, you can
set 'From' to the list address (and remove Reply-To).  I personally think
that's a *very* stupid idea (if people can't tell the difference between
"reply to all" and "reply to sender", you really, really don't want them
using an email list, for the combined benefit of all on the list).