[Mailman-Users] Read-only announcement list

Sheryl Weidner sweidner at efiniti.com
Tue May 30 20:49:55 CEST 2000

| [...]
| >
| > You may need to hand edit that page.
|
| (As far as I'm aware) You can't do this in MailMan 1.1. Because there
is
| only one template for the welcome message. Which means if you edit it
| then all the lists have that change.

Hmm.  I am not running 1.1, I'm running 2.02b, but I am able to modify
each individual page (it lives in the /home/mailman/lists/listname/
directory as "listinfo.html") for each list.  So I modified the
templates in the templates directory to use my stylesheets, backgrounds,
colors, etc. but do the rest of the cleanup for my announce-only lists
by hand.

I wouldn't call it intuitive; you have to be careful which Mailman
widgets you step on in the page, but you can always refer back to the
templates directory if you don't like what you produce.

-Sheryl