[Mailman-Users] Read-only announcement list

Jim Tittsler jwt at dskk.co.jp
Mon May 29 02:28:20 CEST 2000

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 07:09:15PM -0500, Griff Wigley wrote:
> Ok, thanks, J C.  But the same thing happens with the automated welcome
> message sent to new users:
>
>    "To post to this list, send your email to:
>
> How do I edit that?

templates/subscribeack.txt contains the template for the main welcome Email.
I believe if you want to customize it on a per list basis, you will need to
hack Mailman/Deliverer.py (for 2.0 series) directly to select the
appropriate template.

You can disable the welcome message completely or prepend something to it
from the list's general options page.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/