[Mailman-Users] listinfo is slow

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Fri May 26 21:20:33 CEST 2000

In message <20000525224611.N26431 at smack.uchicago.edu>, David Champion writes:
>While I'm on the horn: at what version does listinfo become usable for
>large sites?  It takes minutes to list all my lists.  This has been
>reported before, and fixes were discussed, but I'm not sure whether
>they've been done, or whether they will soon, or what.

2.0, which is still in beta.  There's a recursive stat call in the code right
now.  I discussed this about a month ago, if you check the archives.  I think
it's been fixed in 2.0beta, but 1.1 still has it.  You probably can strip the
excess check out without too much trouble.  Let me know if you need more
pointers.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP/GPG Public Key           secabeen at uchicago.edu