[Mailman-Users] Re: Problems with upgrading

Aaryn Olsson aaryn at Ag.Arizona.Edu
Fri May 26 00:14:54 CEST 2000

Philip and others who helped,,

Thanks much for the help.  We set DefaultUser in /etc/sendmail.cf like:
O DefaultUser=smtp:mailman, then reinstalled mailman from scratch under
my own login, making explicit use of --with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-id.

I'm not sure if the DefaultUser was causing the problems because when I
simply restarted sendmail without reinstalling mailman, it failed gain,
probably because I had been fiddling with the groups.  Perhaps I should
have just run bin/check_perms, but I reinstalled the whole thing and it
worked on the first list I made, so thanks again to everybody who helped.

I was glad to be able to move all the lists over by just copying the
lists, locks, and archives directories...

Sincerely, Aaryn Olsson

[snip]