[Mailman-Users] Sudden Delivery errors

Saille Warner Norton saille at bleah.com
Fri May 19 01:36:59 CEST 2000

Help!

I'm running mailman 1.1 on Linux, and suddenly started encountering several
errors, on all my lists. I've been running problem free for 6 months. Can
someone help me decipher the following error messages?

Error Msg #1:

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
------ |/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/mail/wrapper post cbcell ------
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/scripts/contact_transport", line 66, in ?
Utils.TrySMTPDelivery(to_addrs, from_addr, text, queue_id)
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 222, in
TrySMTPDelivery
from Mailman.pythonlib import smtplib
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/smtplib.py",
line 45, in ?
import rfc822
ImportError: No module named rfc822

This message gets through, and is archived.

Error Msg #2:

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
------ |/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/mail/wrapper post tcell ------
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py",
line 237, in ArchiveMail
h.processUnixMailbox(f, HyperArch.Article)
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py",
line 387, in processUnixMailbox
self.add_article(a) # Add the article
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py",
line 846, in add_article
article.subject)
File
"/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py",
line 296, in getOldestArticle
self.__openIndices(archive)
File
"/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py",
line 242, in __openIndices
t=DumbBTree(os.path.join(arcdir, archive+'-'+i))
File
"/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py",
line 59, in __init__
self.lock()
File
"/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py",
line 75, in lock
self.lockfile.lock()
File "/disk2/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 245,
in lock
os.unlink(self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/domains/reweaving.org/mailman/archives/private/tcell/database/2000-May-date.lock.blueness.alife.org.17995'

This message gets through, but is not archived.

Another SA moved my mailman directories to a different disk. I'm not sure
how this could cause these errors. I have recompiled the source, but that
didn't fix the problem. I'm not aware of any other system changes.

Ideas?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Saille