[Mailman-Users] hostname vs. domain name in "-request" addresses

Sheryl Weidner sweidner at efiniti.com
Thu May 18 09:21:55 CEST 2000

Hello folks,

My apologies in advance if this is a simple and already-answered question.
I'm relatively new to running Mailman; we have it up and running on a
machine that is actually not the same machine as the mailserver for the
domain in which the lists reside (so that the addresses of the lists are
list at lists.domain.com rather than list at domain.com).  We have everything
working correctly except the list-request autoresponses sent out when a
user needs to reply to the request address for confirmation - they show up
as 'list-request at domain.com'.

All of the entries in Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py refer to the default
hostname correctly as the full name of the machine.  I can't find any
other references to the domain that don't include the machine name.

While we could just alias "list-request" on the domain's default mail
server to point back to the correct address on the listserver, this is
obviously not optimal (in my case I manage the web & list servers, but not
the mail server).  Am I missing something obvious?

Details:
Mailman 2.0b2
RedHat 6.2 w/default sendmail install

Thanks!