[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-i18n] German/international version for test installation?

Marcin Sochacki wanted at debian.mwd.com.pl
Fri May 12 18:59:05 CEST 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 06:28:36PM +0200, Martin Ramsch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've just installed the current version 2.0beta2 of Mailman and boss
> seems to be quite happy with it - only the English language will be
> a big problem for some of our users.
>
> So I looked around for a German version, and found this i18n list.
>
> If I read the mail archives correctly, there still is no official
> localized version of Mailman but there is work-in-progress?
>
> I'd really love to test whatever version there is available, and I
> maybe could even get involved to improve it ...
>
> Is there some place to download a current development snapshot?

Yup, I18N in Mailman is still in development. Fortunately it's quite easy
to translate HTML templates. Some strings are hard-coded into Python
scripts, so you'll have to hack the source a bit.

Of course the problem comes back with upgrading Mailman, as you must
apply all your corrections from the beginning.

Marcin