[Mailman-Users] setting up Mailman on a RaQ

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed May 3 20:12:41 CEST 2000

On Wed 03-May-2000 at 03:11:27AM +0300, Alexander wrote:

> What would be involved in configuring a Raq3 to use Python and Mailman?
> Obviously, I can't Telnet to the Raq because it violates the
> warrantee, but maybe its worth the effort.

You only lose the warranty (whatever that's worth) if you alter 'system
files' as root. So there's no law against using your shell account, in
fact everybody should use a shell account.

The RaQ has Python pre-installed, I only upgraded to try Mailman 2.

Installing (and running) Mailman needs root access anyway. Just install
it as per the instructions, add the mailman stuff to your <VirtualHost>
in httpd.conf and hope this doesn't cock up something elsewhere.

Bruno
--
http://bruno.postle.net/