[Mailman-Users] setting up Mailman

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon May 1 12:58:11 CEST 2000

On Sun 30-Apr-2000 at 11:44:17PM +0300, Alexander wrote:

> I am about to make a decision on which way to go for a dedicated
> server, Cobalt, or a normal Intel PC dedicate server.
>
> I have a preference for the Cobalt servers.
>
> Has anyone installed Python, and Mailman on such a system?
>
> Is there an online resource with a description on how to do that?
>
> Do the Cobalt servers work with Mailman?

I've just finished setting up mailman on a RaQ3 (which is basically a
redhat box with a normal amd processor not a mips chip).

The cgi-wrappers were a problem, and as far as I can tell there is no
way to get mailman to work with them. I just disabled the wrapper in
httpd.conf for a single virtual host and set mailman up as normal (this
seems to work even though httpd.conf is updated automatically by the
web-interface and you lose your warranty by doing anything as root).

Other stuff:

- I had to upgrade python for mailman-2.0beta2

- The sendmail wrappers need to be sym-linked in /usr/adm/sm.bin/

- The RaQ3 comes with majordomo pre-installed - you might want to use
  that instead.

- Only get a cobalt box if you really like all that web-admin stuff.

Bruno
--
http://bruno.postle.net/