[Mailman-Users] ImportError

Roberto Ullfig rullfig at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 17 18:41:41 CET 2000

Craig Shields wrote:

> I think I may have my permissions/path problems resolved now as I can at
> least run the scripts under ~/mailman/bin, but when I DO run any script
> I'm now getting this output:
>
> ####################
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/dev/fd/4", line 19, in ?
> ImportError: No module named paths
> #####################
> Why is it looking to /dev??

That /dev/fd/4 message looks related to a problem I
occassionally get with Perl! Are you running Solaris 7? In my
case it echoes (sometimes) /dev/fd/3 instead of the name of the
Perl script whenever an error occurs or when I look at the
process with ps (i.e. /opt/bin/perl /dev/fd/3). It's
inconsistent though but I'd really like to know what's causing
it. What shell are you running the script from?

Roberto Ullfig : rullfig at uchicago.edu
Systems Administrator
Networking Services and Information Technologies
University of Chicago