[Mailman-Users] no such file or dir..

Craig Shields cmshields at korrnet.org
Thu Mar 16 23:06:25 CET 2000

Hello,

I've managed to get Mailman up and running well on a test Linux system
(thanks to this list!), but now running into a problem getting on our
Solaris machine.  Everything is installed, but I can't get check_perms or
and other script in $prefix/bin to work.  I get this message:

/usr/bin/env: No such file or directory

I also get the following error message when I pull up the
www.my.domain/mailman/listinfo page:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 89, in run_main
    immediate=1)
  File "/usr/local/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line
48, in __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/usr/local/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 40, in
__init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/usr/local/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 63, in
__get_f
    reraise()
  File "/usr/local/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 55, in
__get_f
    f = self.__fp = open(self.__filename, 'a+')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/home/mailman/logs/error'

It looks like a permission problem, but I thought I had learned that
lesson on our Linux box.. I was very careful to follow the INSTALL doc on
permissions.  I suspect these two error messages are related to the same
thing, but can't figure it out.  Anyone have any suggestions??

thank you,

Craig Shields
Computer/Network Technician
KORRnet