[Mailman-Users] Answer found to gnashing of teeth (Continued)

cluge at bjspilot.com cluge at bjspilot.com
Sun Mar 12 02:29:57 CET 2000

Well it seems I did a silly thing, I decided that my
/home/mailman/cgi-bin directory would not be aliased to
/mailman/

Thus I created a new list and figured I'd adjust the proper elements via
the "admin" page.  Hmmm no go, I then figured out that I need to define
them in my /home/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py, but that didn't work..almost

What I ended up doing was going through my /home/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
and making sure everything was defined as I had set it up.  Therefore my
httpd.conf file matched the settings that I had mailman set to.  I erased
all lists and simply readded them.

This fixed the problem.  It seems that the python scripts were looking in
the wrong place :)  Since I know NOTHING about python, it took me a while
to figure it out.  I hope my experience helps somone else out.

So if your going to but things in different directories than mailman
expects your need to define these before you add lists.

Aaron Gee

Below is some of my sample conf files to that people can see what I am
talking about.  Adjust to fit your configuration.

-----8<----SNIP FROM HTTPD.CONF---->8-----
<VirtualHost listserv.domain.com>
ServerAdmin admin at domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/mailman/
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/
ServerName listserv.domain.com
ErrorLog /home/mailman/log/error_log
TransferLog /home/mailman/log/access_log
</VirtualHost>

------8<-----SNIP FROM mm_cfg.py ---->8-----
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://listserv.domain.com/cgi-bin'