[Mailman-Users] Newbie: Mailman with MS Exchange Server

Srdjan Sobajic srdjans at digitalpersona.com
Fri Mar 10 20:45:16 CET 2000

Hello,

As far as I can tell, this question hasn't been addressed anywhere in the
docs or the mailing-list
before, but if it has, please tell me where to RTFM.

Anyways, I'm trying to set up Mailman on linux box which is running in a
WinNT domain and which has
an Exchange Mail Server running. I've set up Mailman (mostly), and I can
create lists which are accessible
over our local LAN. After I run ./newlist and give it the list name (dp) and
my email address (srdjans-at-digitalpersona.com)
I get the request for confirming the subscription in my Outlook Inbox. This
comes From: dp-request at digitalpersona.com
Now I have asked my sysadmin to setup a mail account on the exchange server
with this name (dp-request, for example),
and I can reply to it without problems. My question is how do I "connect"
this MS Exchange account to Mailman??
(I don't understand all the concepts behind mailman's internals, so this
question may be very stupid...)

I've looked through most of the files in $prefix/Mailman/*.py but only
Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py seem appropriate
to make any modifications to... and I have no idea as to what to change.

If you have any input as to how this may be accomplished, please let me
know.

Thanks,

Srdjan Sobajic
DigitalPersona, Inc.

P.S. I've noticed that if I set the SMTPHOST value to 'localhost' then what
I described above works fine. If I set it
to the name of our exchange mail server, then it doesn't send any mail
out... Maybe I've gotten something else setup
wrong.