[Mailman-Users] hyper-mail vs. pipermail??

Jim Tay jtay at YorkU.CA
Tue Mar 7 17:00:36 CET 2000

> i use this technique to create a Reply mailto link in the BOTLINKS section
> of each message and i use listname at mailman.my.domain as the reply address.

Does the new reply get threaded properly in the archive when you do
this?  I assume that it would since MHonArc can do threading based on
just the subject, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

> i saw your other message about netscape, in-reply-to and message id, and i
> assume this is related.  i don't know the answer to your question about
> netscape and in-reply-to, but with respect to mhonarc, the message id is
> one of the variables that you can use in the mhonarc resources i mentioned
> above.  so, you could include the mssage id in the html that mhonarc
> creates, but i don't know how this will be useful to your mua.

I asked about the in-reply-to and message id stuff because pipermail
needs the message id to handle threading properly, but I figured I
didn't need to worry about message ids with MHonArc since it can thread
based on the subject of the message.

Thanks for your help,
Jim