[Mailman-Users] limit valid subscriptions

Richard Ellerbrock richarde at eskom.co.za
Mon Mar 6 18:04:25 CET 2000

No, there is no way currently. I have asked in vain many times. Here is my hacked solution:

Modify your alias files request address and pass the request through a procmail filter. NOTE: modify the alias entry and the LIST= variable:

comms-subscribers-request:            "|/usr/bin/procmail -m LIST='comms-subscribers' "

Here is the procmail filter (/etc/mail/procmailrc.lists). Modify it as needed with your custom message

***cut***

:0                              # pass along all mail for ibm
* ^From:.*ibm.com
| /home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd $LIST

:0                              # reply to all mail not from ibm
* !^FROM_DAEMON
{
   :0 hc
   | (formail -r -A"Precedence: bulk" \
                  -A"X-Loop: owner-${LIST}@lists.ibm.com" ; \
                 echo "\
This is an IBM internal mailing list to which you may not \
subscribe. If you have any queries, contact owner-${LIST}@lists.ibm.com \
for further information.") | \
                 $SENDMAIL -t -f owner-${LIST}@lists.ibm.com
}

:0                               # drop all other mail
/dev/null

***cut***

--
Richard Ellerbrock
richarde at eskom.co.za

>>> Scott Russell <scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com> 2000/03/06 07:44:47 >>>
All -

Anyone know of an existing method using Mailman 1.1 or 1.2b1 where you can
limit the subscriptions based on the domain? I only want people to be able
to subscribe if their domain is *.ibm.com.

Thanks for the help.

 --
Regards,
 Scott Russell (scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com)