[Mailman-Users] Incorrect domain name parsing?

Bill DeVos watcher at stercomm.com
Thu Mar 2 16:42:24 CET 2000

  I sent this a week or so ago and got no reply of any kind, so I'm going
to try one more time to see if maybe someone missed it.

  Mailman ROCKS, this is a very well designed and thought out product, my
cudos to the developement team!  Now on to my question. 8^)
  Mailman seems to be munging the domain name, if I set the domain name to
'watcher' in the mm_cfg.py the From seems to reflect that correctly in
mail sent from Mailman but if I change the domain to
watcher.nsg.stercomm.com The From changes to the domain
watcher.stercomm.com.  The problem is of course that there is no machine
by that name.  I have experimented and read all I could find on the
subject and I can't seem to get this working.
  Please notice in the cut of my confirmation below that although the body
of the message contains the addresses as I want them all to be, the
headers addresses have been altered to unusable addresses.  I can't
imagine that this is being done by any mailer and if I alter the addresses
to what they are in the body they work just fine.
  I hope this information makes it easier to determine the problem.  Any
workarounds would be appreciated, I'm currently attempting to get
watcher.stercomm.com setup as an alias to watcher.nsg.stercomm.com via DNS
as a temporary workaround but I'm not sure how well our Network group will
react to that request.  (Yes, I know it's easy to do)

<Paste>
From: python-request at stercomm.com