[Mailman-Users] mailman: moved from one host to another, archiver now broken

Jim Tittsler jwt at dskk.co.jp
Wed Mar 1 09:56:06 CET 2000

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 09:22:54PM -0800, Frank Dziuba wrote:
> moved mailman from one host to another. Now the archiver is broken. It thinks
> the archives for the lists are supposed to go into
>
> /usr/user3/u/m/mailman...
>
> but the new machine they are supposed to be in
>
> /home/mailman...
>
> I can't seem to find a way to change the directory for an _existing_ list.

The paths are stored in the 'config.db' of each mailing list.  A little bit
of Python and the bin/withlist tool will let you modify your lists.  Barry
Warsaw provided a recipe a few months back:

http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-August/001980.html

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.org/crew/jwt/