[Mailman-Users] Extremely High Membership lists

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Jun 28 23:03:52 CEST 2000

Dang, that's a buncha people.  :-)

> First of all, can Mailman handle this? If so, do I need a
> stronger box,
> and perhaps another MTA, maybe postfix?

I suspect that mailman can handle it, but it will probably need to be very
carefully handled.  From what I know about Sendmail, ditch it.  Neither
GNOME nor RedHat are using sendmail.  GNOME is running postfix, Redhat is
running qmail.  A lot of how mailman handles this load will depend on how
many lists it's spread out over, I think.  Check out the tuning options from
the mailman docs carefully, and try anything that could improve performance
now, to see whether or not it does.  That will be a busy server, any way you
go.
	Grego