[Mailman-Users] mass delete tools

Dan Kappus dk at squaretrade.com
Wed Jun 28 22:36:59 CEST 2000

I saw a thread in the mailing list archives that I wanted
to bring back up.

I think that there is a real need for tools that allow
ordinary mundane users, say marketing flacks, to add
one or one thousand users to a list they administer, and
then also be able to delete all of them.

More or less, there are people who use mailing lists who are
short on clue, and that's part of the point of using a web
interface to begin with. The developpers can really make a
move on a great feature if they incorporate these sort of
strong list administration tools in the web interface itself.

After all, typing something like

./find_member | awk '{print $1}' | remove_member -f -

is a skill that people only chance upon after a good solid
year in system administrator cubicleland.

--

Dan Kappus, System Administrator
SquareTrade, http://www.squaretrade.com