[Mailman-Users] New to Mailman, have a few questions?

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Wed Jun 28 03:03:35 CEST 2000

> 1) I am setting up Mailman to send out messages only, at this time. Is there
> anything special that I have to configure in the program to optimize this
> capability?

Mailman sure is overkill for that; what functionality are you looking
for that can't be addressed with a simple sendmail alias?

> 2) Is there a way to compose a message within the admin page(s) so that I
> don't have to send an email to the list. Then have this message or messages,
> that was composed somewhere within the admin page(s), broadcasted to all the
> list memebers?

Not that I know of, but it should be pointed out that sending to
the list is surely pretty easy to do...if you're worried about having
the list duplicate messages sent to it because you don't want
members replying, make it a 'moderated' list where only you are
permitted to post.

> 3) I do not want to indicate the return address as the mailing list, perhaps
> another email address, how do I change this?

2.x has a "set Reply-To" feature, although Reply-To is deprecated.
But again, a sendmail alias sounds a lot more like what you're
after.  What of Mailman do you believe you need?