[Mailman-Users] multiple domains

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Sun Jun 25 04:48:13 CEST 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Josh Huber wrote:

| I'm setting up mailman and I'm having some trouble with it thinking that
| different domains pointing to the same IP are virtual domains.  It appears
| as though I need the opposite of what people want in the mailing list
| archives for this list.

| We have three domains which are all essentially equivilant -- how can I get
| mailman to think so?

Add the following to your $mailmanhome/Mailman/mm_cfg.py...

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0

Here are the comments as listed in Defaults.py...

# When set, the listinfo web page overview of lists on the machine will be
# confined to only those lists whose web_page_url configuration option host
# is included within the URL by which the page is visited - only those "on
# the virtual host".  If unset, then all lists are included in the
# overview.  (The admin page overview always includes all the lists.)

The default is to turn this on.  Sounds like this should go into the FAQ.

Joe Morris                http://metalab.unc.edu/morris
Web Systems Manager, ATN            http://help.unc.edu
UNC-Chapel Hill                      http://www.unc.edu