[Mailman-Users] How to fix: Sendmail keeps stalling

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Thu Jun 22 21:23:45 CEST 2000

I have just started using Mailman on my system and I have a mailing list of
just a 100 people.  The problem I have is that mail takes about 2-3 hours to
process for everybody in the queue.  The reason for this is that Sendmail
keeps stalling on email addresses which are located behind firewalls so it
walks up the MX chain looking for a viable mail server.  In the meantime all
the other messages get stuck.

Is there a way to get Mailman to generate a unique email message for each
person so that I get 100 jobs in the Sendmail queue rather than the one job
with 100 email addresses?

Or is their a good way to fix this problem in Sendmail or elsewhere.  I
tried changing the configuration option about maximum # of outgoing
connections but this didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks for any help!
John

John Villalovos
Intel Corporation
2111 NE 25TH AVE STOP JF2-70
HILLSBORO, OR  97124-5961
(503) 264-1320   Fax: (503) 264-6380

GPG 1.+/PGP 5.+/ DSS/Diffie Helman
http://www.sodarock.com/JohnVillalovos-gpgkey.txt
1024D/1A25D86C 2F24 AD89 E5D5 C92B 7FE2  F878 7ED5 2D38 1A25 D86C