[Mailman-Users] Looking for config info

Leonardo Rochael Almeida lra at insite.com.br
Wed Jun 21 00:32:53 CEST 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Dan Mick wrote:

> JRS wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can find the following config options:
> >
> > msg_footer (nondigest): Footer added to mail sent to regular list members
> > Text appended to the bottom of every immediately-delivery message.
> >
> > ****
> > This text can include %(field)s format strings which are resolved against the
> > list's attribute dictionary (__dict__).
> > ****
> >
> > I see how to configure the footers, but I cannot find any listing of what
> > fields I can put in the footers other than the "useful" examples which seem
> > limited to what is already in use in the footer.  In particular, i am looking
> > for the whole of the list's attribute dictionary "(__dict__)" from above.
>
> You can do a quick look with 'withlist':
>
> cd ~mailman
> python -i bin/withlist <listname>
> dir(m)
>
> It's not pretty, but it does show you what attributes are available.
> For the value of any particular attribute, use
>
> m.<attrname>

Just a tip. if <attrname> is an attribute full of values (such as long
lists or dictionaries), or with long values (such as e-mails held for
approval 'cause they were too big), you won't be able to do much with the
values. One suggestion is to type:
>>> type(m.<attribute>)
to discover what type of attribute it is.

> Note: when you do this, you're writing Python code.  Don't assign
> things to m or m.<attribute> unless you know what you're doing...but
> the above (dir(m) and m.<attr>) are completely safe.

Well, unless I'm mistaken (which I usually am :-), you can do pretty much
anything, as long as you don't call "m.Save()".

Regards, Leo