[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Archived MIME attachments

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Jun 20 06:50:16 CEST 2000

I'd have some concerns about going to Mhonarc, seeing how it's horribly
unreliable for the guys down at Metalab.  Our archives (LDP) are often full
of errors generated by it.

> This really is becoming a FAQ, much like smrsh, UID/GID, and allt he
> rest that makes up far too much of this list's traffic.  Anybody
> want to start maintaining a FAQ or setup a FAQ-A-Matic?

Somebody going to provide official space on the mailman site for it?

> > In fact, I wouldn't be terribly unhappy if Mailman switches to
> > Mhonarc as the default archiver, but I wouldn't think that's
> > something that ought to be done in the 2.0 timeframe.
>
> Ahh, but its not Python...
>
> My main complaint with the internal archiver is that it archives
> messages as they are received and not as they are broadcast.  While
> the current setup has advantages for reproducability, it makes far
> more sense to me to archive the messages as they users see them, not
> pre-processing.
>
> Eek, another web option.

I think that the lack of mime support is a bit of a "bad thing" as well.
Mailman handles mime in some places, so some of the code to handle mime in
archives should exist, I think.
	Greg