[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Archived MIME attachments

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jun 20 06:26:08 CEST 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:52:53 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui at plaidworks.com> wrote:

> At 7:10 PM -0700 6/19/2000, Derek Simkowiak wrote:
>> In the archives, it would be nice if the attachments would be
>> decoded and put as (read-only, non-executable) file linked on the
>> message archive.

> Definitely. If you can't wait, consider replacing the existing
> archive system with something like Mhonarc.

Ahh, I see I have taught you well grasshopper!  (This is normally my
mantra)

This really is becoming a FAQ, much like smrsh, UID/GID, and allt he
rest that makes up far too much of this list's traffic.  Anybody
want to start maintaining a FAQ or setup a FAQ-A-Matic?

> In fact, I wouldn't be terribly unhappy if Mailman switches to
> Mhonarc as the default archiver, but I wouldn't think that's
> something that ought to be done in the 2.0 timeframe.

Ahh, but its not Python...

My main complaint with the internal archiver is that it archives
messages as they are received and not as they are broadcast.  While
the current setup has advantages for reproducability, it makes far
more sense to me to archive the messages as they users see them, not
pre-processing.

Eek, another web option.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu