[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Dan Lowe dan at scsiboy.com
Sat Jun 17 09:44:59 CEST 2000

Previously, Derek Simkowiak said:
> -> Aw, come on:
> ->
> -> #!/bin/ksh
> -> LIST=foo
> -> OWNER=dmick at west.sun.com
> -> PASSWORD=password
>
> 	So now I need to manually edit this script each time before I run
> it, instead of just answering prompts.
>
> 	Of course, you could write in the prompts into your script, and
> parse the input... adjusting, of course, for invalid input incase I hit a
> typo... tell me again how that's easier than just having bin/newlist write
> out a text file?

You could always do this...

 ./newlist listname owner at domain.com somepassword  > listname-aliases.txt
    [wait 3 seconds]
    [hit enter]

Then with about 3 seconds of work in vi on /tmp/listname you'd have your
alias import file and you can do with it as you wish.

--
"Intel Inside" is a Government Warning required by Law.