[Mailman-Users] "aliases" for subscriber addresses?

Eric D. Christensen edc at proadmin.com
Sat Jun 17 04:40:42 CEST 2000

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't think so.

I have a few subscribers on who have bizarre email systems (mostly Exchange
and some Mac based systems) that generate a mangled (but valid) From:
address on their postings (i.e. john.smith at mail1.stupid.exchange.com).
However John has no clue what his email address looks like on the outside.
He thinks he's john at exchange.com. Short of trying to educate users to
subscribe with the address that their mail system identifies them as (which
they often don't know), is there a way to "alias" addresses within mailman
so I don't get clobbered with "Post by non-member to a members-only list"
admin requests every time they post?

If it was one or two I could deal with it, but it's like 10% of my 400
subscribers.

----
Eric D. Christensen
ProAdmin, Inc.